NOTENSYSTEM (GRADING PROCEDURES)
This course will be graded with two 45-day marking periods, each worth 40% of the overall course grade. There will also be a mid-course assessment and end-of-course assessment, each of which is worth 10% of the overall course grade. Each marking period will have its grades broken down as follows:
Percentage of Marking Period Grade
*All grades with be rounded to the nearest whole number.
Expect to perform skits and dialogues, work independently and with partners, create presentations, sing lame songs and play fun games!
Tests and Quizzes (Tests and Prüfungen)
· Expect 3-5 quizzes per chapter and a chapter exam after each unit of study.
· Students who are absent on a quiz day are expected to make it up after their return.
· Students who miss a chapter test due to absence are expected to stay afterschool or make up the test during an EOP period.
Project Policy (Projekte)
· Projects submitted after the due date will result in a penalty of one letter grade per day.
· Projects that are not submitted by the end of the marking period will receive a 0.
· When homework is assigned, it will be collected and checked for both completion and for accuracy and graded accordingly.
· Homework submitted on time is eligible for full credit.
· Homework submitted late up to the respective unit test is eligible for 50% of the total points possible. Homework that is not submitted on time will be recorded as an M in the grade book for Missing to indicate that it can still be turned in. An M will calculate as a O in the grade.
· Homework that is not submitted by the day of the unit test or that is copied or plagiarized will receive a 0. At this point, the grade book will be changed to a 0 for the assignment to reflect the permanent grade.
· Students who are absent on the day a one-night assignment is given will be able to submit the assignment for full credit one day after their return. After that, the normal homework policy applies.
· Extended absences will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Classwork (Klassenaufgaben) & Participation (Teilnahme)
· Classwork (including warm-up exercises/Vorspeisen) will be collected on occasion and used in class as formative assessment.
· Participation is essential to language learning. Wunderbar Teilnahme includes: active cooperation and participation with peers/groups, attentiveness, consistent preparation for class, use of target language (Deutsch), engaging in class activities and willingness to volunteer in class.
Every day you have a choice to make. If you choose to have a good attitude and participate in and out of class, then you will learn much and have fun. Viel Spass beim Deutsch lernen!
For extra enrichment, visit www.fraudifazio.weebly.com and click on “links” for a bookmarked list of fun and meaningful websites.